cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayMan
Level 10

EECP 7.0.2 Theme Font Size?

We're starting to deploy some Windows 8 devices, but having complaints that the font & display is much too small on the 12 inch 1080P screens.

Is there a recommended way to correct this? Either may making fonts, windows & onscreen keyboard bigger, or maybe something else?

Cheers

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: EECP 7.0.2 Theme Font Size?

You'd have to build a new theme to do this - it's not something you can do with a simple config change. Probably a very good idea though.

0 Kudos
JayMan
Level 10

I understand this isn't something offered via normal support, but would having a customized theme like this cause issues when logging a ticket?

Also, does the theme format ever/often change? Would hate to waste time on customising 7.0.2 when 7.1 is around the corner...

Hopefully Rene & the others on the EE engineering team can work through the problems with our Dell XPS12's before 7.1... (Tho I think the ball may currently be in Dell's court)

0 Kudos
JayMan
Level 10

Another quick question... Is there a way to preview any changes made to the theme other than importing it to ePO & deploying to a client?

I vaguely remember seeing you had a EEPC 5.0 theme tool on your personal blog? Would this be applicable for the newer versions also?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

You should be able to edit and preview a theme in Glade, as the preboot is built on top of the GTK+ toolkit.

https://glade.gnome.org/

0 Kudos
JayMan
Level 10

Which version of GTK+ is used? I noticed there is 2 versions of Glade (3.8 for GTK+2, and 3.16 for GTK+3)

I can see the current XML files have comments about Glade3.4.3; so presume Glade 3.8 would be OK to use?

0 Kudos
Folcan
Level 10

I use glade 3.8.3 with gtk2+

Ce message a été modifié par: Folcan on 21/11/13 02:08:15 CST
0 Kudos
Folcan
Level 10

Little proc here  : https://community.mcafee.com/message/305713

There is a pdf documentation to do this, ask to your support to give it.

Regards,

0 Kudos
JayMan
Level 10

Thanks for the info. I've asked our McAfee Account Manager if he can source the documentation & I'll checkout Glade.

Will post back with results once i get some time to fiddle.

0 Kudos