cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsiergiej
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 16

Re: EE6 | Issues Found | reproducible | Logoff and restart after more than 2mins of Idle

I have the same issue.  I unlocked the laptop I am testing with yesterday, after two minutes I put in the password, hit enter and my laptop started shutting down and sat on Saving your settings.  Sounds like another bug to me.

I guess I will be calling in on this one as well.

Message was edited by: jsiergiej on 12/17/09 7:41:09 AM CST
jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 12 of 16

Re: EE6 | Issues Found | reproducible | Logoff and restart after more than 2mins of Idle

Just to update everyone, I called in on this issue and luckily it was reproduced by a tech and sent to Tier II support, who immediately sent it to Tier 3.

Hopefully the patch fixing this issue will be out quickly because this is something that puts a halt on any kind of deployment for us. The fact that this issue was missed is surprising.  I found it within about an hour of having the product on the laptop.

mink
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 16

In my VM, I have two users (manjula and mia), domain admin and a non-domain admin user, both are added from the AD (in the same ePO server). There aren't user groups configured.  I have also enabled `Require Endpoint Encryption logon:` as well as Add local domain users:

However, customer has a different policy, Following check boxes are unchecked (Disabled):

Require Endpoint Encryption logon: Add local domain users:

Further, I have added the Laptop owner's user name and Safeboot Admin group from the AD. This group has couple of Desktop admin users.

As you can see we have 2 Different polices but still able to reproduce the aforementioned issue.

Additional note: I changed the policy in my VM by disabling `Require Endpoint Encryption logon:` option. Then restarted the VM after I applied the policy. Logged in as mia (non-domain admin) SSO worked as expected. Locked the system and unlocked it, left the

EE login box for more than 2mins (idle) and entered the password - observed same result as earlier!

on 9/12/09 11:12:31 PM
SCtbe
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 16

I don't know did you notice that when "Require Endpoint Encryption logon" option is deselected EEPC logon box is gone, but user still have to atuhorize to EEPC when unlocking machine. In my opinion here also shuld be used standard Windows logon box not EEPC, if "Require Endpoint Encryption logon" option is unchecked.

jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 15 of 16

I totally agree.  I was surprised when it did show up because it doesn't in V5 if you have the box unchecked.  I would prefer that there be no mcafee boxes or prompts except for the pre-boot.  Less confusing to the user.

peter_eepc
Level 15
Message 16 of 16

I don't know if you have noticed, but this thread is about SSO. So if SSO is enabled, all Windows login prompts should be replaced with EE prompts.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community