Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgshipman
Level 7

Drive encryption themes

Jump to solution

Hi,

Currently testing EPO 5.1 & Drive Encryption 7.1 - I've been trying to get a corporate branded background on the Pre-boot login - so far this has been intermittently successful - some devices show it, whereas others show the default theme background still. All are under the same System Tree branch & inherit the same policy. I've created a new theme based on the McAfee default & uploaded a 1024x768 PNG.

Could anyone explain how i could get this to apply consistently?

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Drive encryption themes

Jump to solution

The custom theme file is pulled from ePO using a Produce Update task or by clicking update security on the client, or update now from ePO. Once the client has the new theme file, Drive Encryption must complete a policy enforcement after receiving the theme file and the theme file will then be applied to Preboot.

The detailed steps can be found on page 80 of the Drive Encryption Product Guide (PD24867).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
btstevens
Level 7

Jump to solution

Kerberos proxy and LDAP authentication?  Citrix..Windows?

0 Kudos
dgshipman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

LDAP auth yes - it's on Windows clients (predominantly W7 x64)

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

The custom theme file is pulled from ePO using a Produce Update task or by clicking update security on the client, or update now from ePO. Once the client has the new theme file, Drive Encryption must complete a policy enforcement after receiving the theme file and the theme file will then be applied to Preboot.

The detailed steps can be found on page 80 of the Drive Encryption Product Guide (PD24867).

0 Kudos
dgshipman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

So it does - looks like i was just a little impatient with the theme. the devices have picked it up now they've run an update task.

Thanks

0 Kudos