Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haran92
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Drive encryption 7.1.3 System State

Hi All,

Am new to DE. We are working to automatically move systems using a sorting criteria(TAG) to a group which has DE task enabled. Before i proceed i took the list of all Laptops from manged system query and then a list of all Laptops from "Drive encryption-disk status" query. this gives variation in total count.

Say i have total managed laptops - 750

total laptops from drive encryption query is only 650 ( what does this difference 100 machines mean ? are they not encrypted or does not have DE policy ?)

also among this 750 when i checked for system(state) i could see below Data.

1. Active

2. Inactive

3. Unknown

What does these status mean ? kindly someone explain me each status and its role in DE.

1 Reply
hhoang
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Drive encryption 7.1.3 System State

The Drive Encryption product settings policy has a "Enabled" checkbox.  This box determines whether the system is in an 'active' or 'inactive' state based on whether it is checked or not.

Active = The system has completed policy enforcement and currently has a policy set to enabled (checked).  An active system can be encrypted or decrypted depending on policy settings.

Inactive = The system has completed policy enforcement and currently has a policy set to disabled (unchecked).  This also means the system is decrypted.

unknown = Either MDE is not installed on the system or it is installed and policy enforcement has not yet completed.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community