cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Does FRP 4.3 log when a file is decrypted?

Jump to solution

I've looked through the product Event Ids that are sent back to ePO and nothing there corresponds to this action.  I've been looking around the local client logging and haven't found anything either.

Does McAfee FRP not generate a log when a file is decrypted by a user with access?  If not, any users think of a creative way to monitor this action to provide audit records of the action?  The action is being limited to admins in the environment, but I need an audit trail as a checks and balances to keep the admins from abusing the access.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhall2
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Does FRP 4.3 log when a file is decrypted?

Jump to solution

FRP does not have an on access style log at this time. However, there is roll based key management that can prevent admins from having the ability to manage specific keys. This is outlined on page 37 of the FRP Product Guide (PD25074)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jhall2
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

FRP does not have an on access style log at this time. However, there is roll based key management that can prevent admins from having the ability to manage specific keys. This is outlined on page 37 of the FRP Product Guide (PD25074)

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks, @jhall2.  That's the information I was looking for.  Now off to figure out a workaround to appease the use case I have.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community