cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Status Query not Sticking.

When I setup a dashboard for the Disk Status Query I get "Query did not return any results." If I force a wakeup call to the agents I get the proper data returned in the query but after about a minute it goes back to Query did not return any results. If I open the disk status page of a known encrypted client after a wakeup call it get the disk information but after about a minute it says No details available, as Endpoint Encryption is not Active.

I rechecked in all the packages and extensions to attempt to correct.

Any Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: Disk Status Query not Sticking.

Did you also try to use predefined "Endpoint Encryption" dashboard?

"Dashboards" -> Options -> "Select Active Dashboards" -> "Endpoint Encryption"

This will give you more EE metrics.

0 Kudos

I just turned it on, ill let you know how it turns out.

Seems broken if it works this way but not if i run the query for disk status directly.

Nope, didn't work.

Message was edited by: safebootsamurai on 1/15/10 3:11:36 PM GMT-05:00
0 Kudos
mcGEE
Level 7

Have you resolved this issue?  I too have just experiences this issue but with version 6.0.1 (early release patch 1).  I did some debugging/tracing on the DB and noticed that the Table epo.EPEDISKS is being deleted randomly.  We are working with engineering on this issue.

Keep me posted.

Garfield

0 Kudos

no fix that i'm aware of.

0 Kudos

Has anyone found a solution to this problem.  I am experiencing the same symptoms.

0 Kudos
mcGEE
Level 7

I've spoken to the McAfee folks and they are not able to replicate.  I've sent logs to them and DB traces and what I've seen is that ePO itself is sending a delete command as below.  You guys may want to try tracing this on your DB to see if it is doing the same.

-- Trace Number: 865240
-- ApplicationName: jTDS
-- LoginName: EPolicyOrchestrator

declare @p1 int
set @p1=80
exec sp_prepare @p1 output,N'@P0 nvarchar(4000)',N'delete from [EPEDisks]  where ([EPEDisks]."Uuid"= @P0 )',1
select @p1

exec sp_execute 80,N'00000001'

0 Kudos

i rebuilt my dev environment and the issue went away, i might still have a copy of the vmware disk image that has the issue. I wonder if sending it to support might help them track the issue?

0 Kudos
JeffO
Level 7

Anyone ever find a resolution to this issue?    We're just begining our EEPC 6.0.1 rollouts and I can't get the query tool to give me reliable results for status.

0 Kudos
mcGEE
Level 7

Just a heads up.  I spoke with my McAfee rep and they mentioned that the Disk Status issue will be fixed in SP1 (6.1.0).  What will also be fixed is if you have a USB drive plugged into your PC (that is not encrypted) ePO (EEPC) will also indicate a false message that ALL your drive are not encrypted.

0 Kudos