Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shimla
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Discriminatory external USB device policies

Another thing my boss would like me to implement is multiple policies regarding the FRP when dealing with externally connected USB devices. In particular, he would like the following:

1) If people connect their smartphones to their laptops , he does not want them to be encrypted. Is there a way of forcing smartphones to be seen as read only USB storage, or is the Mcafee FRP not sophisticated enough to distinguish storage on USB connected Android or Windows smart phones, and do this?

2) It takes several minutes to encrypt a USB drive that is just 8GB in size. Obviously, you can get USB drives that are vastly larger. Is it possible to have different policies depending on the size of the USB disk? What I have in mind is that drives over 64GB will just be blocked from being writable for most people, with a secondary policy that will allow large USB disks to be writable / encrypted for a few individuals e.g. web developers.

Hope someone can help. Thanks

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community