Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsiergiej
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 45

Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

Its not like I'm trying anythig crazy here.  Basically its I assigned a second user to a computer and then decided to remove him.  That account just happened to be in a group that I now want to assign to the group users and now he is the only one that can't sign in.

I checked the EEPC log and it downloaded everyone thats in the group I added to Group Users except the two users that I had assigned explicity to the PC and then removed them from the PC. I can login in with every user in that group, except those two users.

If I again add the two users directly to the PC and Wake up the Agent, they are downloaded.   It seems to be a conflict between removing a user from the PC but keeping them added because they are still in a group thats listed in the group users.

Now to make it even wierder (if that is even a word), I deployed EEPC out to a new computer and it won't download those same two users to that computer either, even though I never added them to the PC.  If I add them to the PC, they are good.  All other users in the group are ok too.

So something in EPO is keeping a delete mark or something on these two accounts that will keep them from remaining on the PC if they are removed from the user list, but still remain in a group in Group Users.

SafeBoot wrote:

did you turn logging on so you can track what the machine did?

Regarding that logging -- do you have any form of explanation of which loglevel logs what kind of info exactly? Might be valuable info

jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 33 of 45

I tried to get that answer and this is what I was told:

"0 is the least logging, 4 is the most. "

Apparently most if the techs don't yet have training on the product yet.

on 12/18/09 2:04:07 PM CST
peter_eepc
Level 15
Message 34 of 45

And there is no document yet, translating those log messages to English

jsiergiej wrote:

Apparently most if the techs don't yet have training on the product yet

That includes me

Trial and error is a good method though..

jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 36 of 45

Trial and error for me is not good when I just spent thousands on a product that is unusable.  After spending that much, I expect the product to at least work were I won't have support nightmares and, no offense, support people that know the product.

Over the past 2 days, I have found numerous issues, two of which have stopped this project dead in its tracks.  The issues went straight to Tier 3. Thank God I didn't put this into production.

peter_eepc
Level 15
Message 37 of 45

What do you expect from "x.0.0" version of the product?

I heard that 6.0.1 is coming shortly. I will wait for 6.2.x before setting migration plans.

jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 38 of 45

I was told to wait for 6.0 and not go to v5 because there was no migration path and I would have to uninstall everything to go to 6.  Now after purchasing 6.0, I found out there is a migration path with 6.1 due out in June (maybe).

I previously evaluated v5 and found issues with Vista compatibility and such.  Also, the management interface was really confusing and cumbersome and watching the support engineer struggle with the install really didn't help the situation either.  So v5 is really not where I want to go either. I really liked 6.0 in terms of management and ease of install, deployment.  6.0 is better than v5 tremendously in that regard.

I expected problems here and there, but not issues that would render it a support disaster and possibly get me fired.

peter_eepc
Level 15
Message 39 of 45

So I guess you are starting up fresh (no SafeBoot or EEPC in your org)?

The key to success is to test, test and then test some more. So far there is also hibernation issue.

I have also found that viewing effective policies on a system, might miss some LBP's assigned via Policy Assignment Rules.

That is on the top of System Tree organization challenge (if you use multiple products under ePO umbrella).

jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 40 of 45

Yep fresh install for me. I mean I can understand testing to find out all ways you need to do things and possible gothcha's that you can work around, but to put out something where, for instance, if you don't put in your password quick enough when unlocking your screensaver, your computer automatically logs off and hangs at saving your settings.  Only way to get out of it is to power off the computer and lose your work.  Thats just bad and there is no chance for deployment with something like that.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community