Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsiergiej
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 45

Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

Ok??

Why is this entry not here and why was it not added automatically? I followed the setup documentation exactly as its layed out.  Can you help me get the entry there?

Message was edited by: jsiergiej on 12/17/09 10:26:00 AM CST
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 22 of 45

it's not there because we don't want machines creating these huge logs without need.

you just need to add it yourself with regedit?

jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 23 of 45

So I create the configuration folder then is the dword called logginglevel or do I create another folder called logginglevel and then put a dword in there?  If the latter is the case, what is the dword name?

SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 45

it's a registry key, it's not a folder?

LoggingLevel is the name of the dword value.

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 12/17/09 11:32:32 AM GMT-05:00
jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 25 of 45

Sorry I misspoke.  What values (0-4) should I use?

SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 26 of 45

0 is the least logging, 4 is the most.

jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 27 of 45

It seems to be working now.  When I wake up the agent after making a change to the users, do I need to select "Force complete policy and task update?"  Seems like when I added a new user and woke up the agent, the user didn't appear in the log.  I tried it again with this check box checked and the user was in log.

I am not sure why it didn't work for the tech yesterday.  I did have fullname in the AD synch at first and he changed it to SAMACCOUNTNAME.  The we did a synch and readded my main user to the computer and woke up the agent.  That worked for getting that user to sign in.  Then we added a second user and got unknown user.

I think that what happened yesteday and today after was that maybe just a simple wake up without the Force policy checked doesn't grab the new users.  How often does the agent fully communicate by itself and does that include a Force?  I thought it was every 60 minutes.

jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 28 of 45

Scratch that.  Its not working.  I have one user assigned to the computer, he's fine.  I added 2 domain admin accounts to the pc and they were downloaded fine.  Then I removed them and added the Domain Admins group to the group list for the container that the PC is in.

Now, I can sign in with all the domain admin id's in the group except the two that were previously explicitly defined on the pc.  These two are getting unknown user.

this is very frustrating. Why would those two not have access now? They are still part of the domain admins group.

Message was edited by: jsiergiej on 12/17/09 1:16:57 PM CST
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 29 of 45

did you turn logging on so you can track what the machine did?

I guess the most obvious explanation is there's something wrong with your EPO to AD user sync?

peter_eepc
Level 15
Message 30 of 45

It would be very handy to have compiled EEv6 troubleshooting guide. After Dan posted Quick Start Guide:

http://community.mcafee.com/blogs/danlarson/2009/11/30/unofficial-quickstart-guide-for-mcafee-eepc-v...

there is more people trying new things. But nobody is perfect and errors and omissions do occur. So we need to troubleshoot.

Unfortunatelly it is not and easy process, because clues are mostly well hidden (to unexperienced), tips are scarce and unorganized.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community