cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

jsiergiej wrote:

Trial and error for me is not good when I just spent thousands on a product that is unusable.  After spending that much, I expect the product to at least work were I won't have support nightmares and, no offense, support people that know the product.

Over the past 2 days, I have found numerous issues, two of which have stopped this project dead in its tracks.  The issues went straight to Tier 3. Thank God I didn't put this into production.

No offense here - but I wouldn't buy a car without having taken a ride in it. I'd do the same for buying expensive software. I can see how you feel though, you'd want the software to work here, and especially you'd want to retreive good support on it in case it does not work. Fact of a matter is unfortunately: it's new. It's an 0.0. release like peter said - meaning it's just as new to support as it is to customers in general. I'm definitely suspecting these things to go upwards from hereon now that it's released and deployed all over.

To be honest I'm quite surprised though you find v6 easier to manage than v5 - because honestly; v5 is childsplay from start to finish whereas 6.0 is integrated in an environment which is probably well-known if you've been using it for a while, but can be scarily big if you haven't seen it before. You're the first one I've heard mentioning that - suppose that's a good thing

jsiergiej
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 42 of 45

Yeah, I like v6 better. Its alot easier to manage I think and thats is coming from a person who has not seen EPO before. I guess it comes from tons of other management software I've used before.  Some cumbersome, some straight-forward, so i know what i am looking for in a product.

I totally get what you are saying about the new product and agree with you. I would have no issues with it having "issues", but the ones I and some others are dealing with are ones that I can't believe were missed.  To use your new car analogy, I agree with the test drive, but I wouldn't have expected the wheels to fall off a mile down the road, which is what happened with this software. You expect the new car to at least be drivable, which v6 isn't.

There's a level of expectaion here, thats all I'm trying to say.  I guess I am more annoyed that I found these major problems before McAfee development and in only a matter of a few hours of having it installed.

on 12/21/09 6:29:20 AM CST
mrben2k7
Level 7
Message 43 of 45

Very useful, found the issues for me.

Thanks,

Ben

peter_eepc
Level 15
Message 44 of 45

Simon, message "Installing EEADMIN...." in client computer comes from MfeEEAgent installation Task. It is normal to see it in ePO client log.

What is not normal, the fact that is failing.

jsiergiej
Level 9
Message 45 of 45

Here are screenshots of my repository and extensions.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community