cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dvanmeter
Level 9

Default group of users on all laptops

Jump to solution

Is there a way to automatically add a group of users to all encrypted systems or a group of systems?   We would like to have it where domain admins would be setup to sign into any encrypted laptop.  Right now the only thing i can see is to assign this on each machine or select each machine.   I would like it to have this assignment by default on each system as it is encrypted.   Here is tghe scenario.

1. New machine is bought

2. The machine is setup with an image (The image has the EPO agent already installed), or is manually built and a task is executed via thirdparty product to deploy the Mcafee agent

3. Helpdesk encrypts machine, either by running a package that has both the Encryption agent and Software installer, or they go to the EPO console and executes a run now task that deploys encryption.

4.  Once the system is rebooted and encrypted the Helpdesk or some other group by default has their signin associated with the machine, no need for them to go to the machine prior to this and add manually each user or each group of users.

Any ideas?

Also with assigning ldap groups to a machine, this can only be a universal group, right?

Message was edited by: Dvanmeter on 7/12/11 6:25:08 PM CDT
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whgibbo
Level 12

Re: Default group of users on all laptops

Jump to solution

From that screen select endpoint encryption, then add users.

That will take you to another page, where you can select the users/groups/ous.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jmcleish
Level 13

Jump to solution

I think thats what the group users are for.

In encryption users, in the right hand pane, choose Group Users instead of system on the tab. Then add your appropriate groups.

Not assigning groups to machines, so can't comment on the universal groups - sorry.

Regards

Jane

0 Kudos
Dvanmeter
Level 9

Jump to solution

I kind of thought that too, but I dont have the ability to browse and when I try to just type in a group name it doesnt appear to do anything.

0 Kudos
jmcleish
Level 13

Jump to solution

Have you tried typing in the full distinguished name in the box i.e CN=Group1,OU=Groups,OU=EncryptionUsers,DC=acme,DC=com

maybe that might help?

0 Kudos
whgibbo
Level 12

Jump to solution

So sorry don't understand, why can't you browse? 

Are you getting a error or is it related to not having permission to browse the LDAP Tree ?

0 Kudos
Dvanmeter
Level 9

Jump to solution

Where is it I would actually browse, I have no options and I am a global Admin

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
whgibbo
Level 12

Jump to solution

From that screen select endpoint encryption, then add users.

That will take you to another page, where you can select the users/groups/ous.

0 Kudos
Dvanmeter
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, thank you it was right under my nose.  Perhaps you may know this.  When assigning a ldap group, can you only use Universal Security Groups and not Global?  I seem to only see Universal when I do this.  Also for the life of me I cannot find anywhere that shows User logs on a client.  Maybe i am so use to the 5.x version where there where client logs and also user logs.  Do user logs not exist in 6.x?

0 Kudos