cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrypting a windows 7 64 bit

Hi,

Anyone successful in decrypting windows 7 64 bit machines ?

I have tried using Simon's script, it created the .iso but not able to remove the ecryption.

Thanks,

Rajeev

0 Kudos
8 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: Decrypting a windows 7 64 bit

What about changing encryption policy for that system? That should work.

0 Kudos

Windows 7 OS is corrupted, not booting up.

0 Kudos
JayMan
Level 10

I have successfully decrypted Win7 x64 machines previously using the EETech Standalone floppy disk. Havent tried out my WinPE based EETech disk yet as we stopped using EEPC due to compatibility issues...

Out of curiousity, do you know what caused this machine to stop booting?

Did you happen to install a Microsoft xxxx 2010 product & then only get a black screen at boot? (this is why we had to stop using EEPC 6.0.1... havent been game to try 6.0.2 yet)

0 Kudos

for me it was giving the failed to load the boot loader, still trying to decrypt with all the options

0 Kudos

force crypt did the trick, thank you all for the support!!

Message was edited by: rajeevbhaskar on 1/18/11 3:42:41 AM CST
0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

32 or 64 bit OS does not matter to WinTech - it does not use any of the files on the host hard disk. Encryption is the same regardless.

0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I have used your scripts to create the WinTech boot cd, but when i boot the mcafee tools are grayed out.

So i explored through the menu, the system tools A43 file management i could open the EEtech and started the decrypt the drive " but no progress"

Authenticated and authorized, even i can see the disk information. Not sure how to proceed from here ?

Thanks,

Rajeev

0 Kudos
s3cardi
Level 9

Take a look in the file "ee_nu2menu.xml". There is probably a wrong path.

<!--

Nu2Menu entry for SbWinTech -->

<

NU2MENU>

<MENU ID="Programs">

<MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption for PC v6\EETech.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption for PC v6\EETech.exe">McAfee EETech</MITEM>

</MENU>

</

NU2MENU>

0 Kudos