cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsterling
Level 9

Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3, etc..

Jump to solution

Are these just static text fields or (preferably) is there a way I can have them read something from the database, and if so, is there a GUI to populate these?  Here's what I'm getting at, it would be nice if I could have Custom1 read a custom registry entry. (almost like tags)  I know this is far fetched, but again this is a community forum so i am just reaching out to experienced professionals for opinions and ideas.

PS: I have read the documentation in respect to Custom1, 2, 3...  Didnt get much description out of it.

Best regards everyone and thank you for your opinions and thoughts.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SCtbe
Level 12

Re: Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3, etc..

Jump to solution

Unfortunately this is not true. These filed cannot be populated from ePO, they can only be read from ePO. These are registry filed on client machine which can be written during installation of MA (KB67385) or after by editing registry on client machine.

Message was edited by: SCtbe on 1/13/11 9:25:42 AM CET
0 Kudos
4 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Jump to solution

Yes, you can populate them via automation tasks (queries and sub-actions).

0 Kudos
SCtbe
Level 12

Jump to solution

Unfortunately this is not true. These filed cannot be populated from ePO, they can only be read from ePO. These are registry filed on client machine which can be written during installation of MA (KB67385) or after by editing registry on client machine.

Message was edited by: SCtbe on 1/13/11 9:25:42 AM CET
0 Kudos
rcorrie
Level 7

Jump to solution

It is true I just did a test via automation tasks using Server Task Builder with Actions Run Query and the below Sub-Actions

Set System Description

— Allows adding a description and four custom fields.

However looks like this sets the database but not the computers registry

Message was edited by: rcorrie on 8/11/11 1:19:47 PM CDT
0 Kudos
Dvanmeter
Level 9

Jump to solution

I wrote a custom script that can be deployed either through third party or through EPO by using the feature in the agent that lets you run a exe after a dat file update occurs.  This script will populate the custom props field with the make, model number ,serial, and the casetype.  You can use this or follow the concept to put your own data in it.  The script is posted here in the Mcafee forums https://community.mcafee.com/thread/27434?start=30&tstart=0

0 Kudos