cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muckcafe
Level 7

Configure size of mfeepe.log? (ePO4.5)

Hello

Sorry if this should be in the Endpoint Encryption area.  My assumption is that this query would be considered an ePO configuration issue.

ePO 4.5 - Is it possible to configure the size of the mfeepe.log file before it creates a new one.  Currently a new log file gets created when the file reaches 10MB in size.

I'd like to configure the log file to be about 1MB ideally, as I have a number of remote users on very slow connections.  When I need to check the mfeepe.log to ensure changes have taken place, it can take a long time to download the file.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16

Re: Configure size of mfeepe.log? (ePO4.5)

Hi muckcafe, I'm not sure but I think you cannot limit the mfeepe log size:

1. The default location for this log is: C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption Agent\MfeEpe.log
  2. Disable debug logging after you have collected sufficient details.  This is important because there is no feature to restrict the size of the log because the log is intended for troubleshooting purposes only

seen here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67529

0 Kudos
rackroyd
Level 16

Moving to an encryption product group for attention.

Thx

0 Kudos
foliveir
Level 11

Hello,

I can't remember on which version we introduce it, but there is a registry key on the host configuration called MaxLogFileSizeMb that allows you to set the size of the log.

HTH,

Fausto Oliveira

0 Kudos