Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLarson
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 17

Re: Clients inactive after migration from EEM

Do you have any Group Users assigned? Do you have the Add Local Domain Users feature enabled? How many total users are assigned to the system?

ErinC
Level 9
Message 12 of 17

Yes I've got Group Users assigned from an OU in our AD.  This is where all our technicians accounts sit.  And yes I have also enabled the Add Local Domain Users feature.  In ePO it only shows the technicans OU as being assigned ... no imported users from EEMv5!

DLarson
Level 12
Message 13 of 17

Ok then, on to the next possibility. Is your EE LDAP Sync task working properly?

whgibbo
Level 12
Message 14 of 17

might also be worth checking that the event parser on the epo server/agent handlers is running.

In addition to upgrading the ePO server, the agent handlers also need to be upgraded.

ErinC
Level 9
Message 15 of 17

DLarson - The LDAP scheduled task does appear to run through successfully (no errors are shown anyway) but you're right to suspect it i think.  It might be that it isn't doing anything?  I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this further.  For info, the task was left at default settings but I removed the certificate entry as per another KB I read.

whgibbo - The event parser service is running ok on the ePO server.  We don't have agent handler machines as such, we use super-agents to act as repositories.  I'm assuming these will not be running an event parser service.

Highlighted
ErinC
Level 9
Message 16 of 17

- Just an update on this for anyone who stumbles across this thread if/when having similar issues;

I have since discovered that the issue lies with the Event Parser service on the ePO server.  It appears that I need to restart this service before any clients will do the initial user sync before the new EEPC6.x client takes over from the old EEPC5.x client.

I will log a support call for this with our third party support.  I expect they may escalate it to McAfee.  I will update this thread again when I know more.

ErinC
Level 9
Message 17 of 17

Update : The fix for this appeared to be to install an extra AgentHandler (even though we're not running enough clients to really need an extra Agent Handler according to McAfee documentation).  We're also patched up to the latest version now, no big changes to speak of though the logging is far more informative now.

I do still have once laptop that will simply not sync properly and I'm troubleshooting this one now.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community