Yes I've got Group Users assigned from an OU in our AD. This is where all our technicians accounts sit. And yes I have also enabled the Add Local Domain Users feature. In ePO it only shows the technicans OU as being assigned ... no imported users from EEMv5!
might also be worth checking that the event parser on the epo server/agent handlers is running.
In addition to upgrading the ePO server, the agent handlers also need to be upgraded.
DLarson - The LDAP scheduled task does appear to run through successfully (no errors are shown anyway) but you're right to suspect it i think. It might be that it isn't doing anything? I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this further. For info, the task was left at default settings but I removed the certificate entry as per another KB I read.
whgibbo - The event parser service is running ok on the ePO server. We don't have agent handler machines as such, we use super-agents to act as repositories. I'm assuming these will not be running an event parser service.
- Just an update on this for anyone who stumbles across this thread if/when having similar issues;
I have since discovered that the issue lies with the Event Parser service on the ePO server. It appears that I need to restart this service before any clients will do the initial user sync before the new EEPC6.x client takes over from the old EEPC5.x client.
I will log a support call for this with our third party support. I expect they may escalate it to McAfee. I will update this thread again when I know more.
Update : The fix for this appeared to be to install an extra AgentHandler (even though we're not running enough clients to really need an extra Agent Handler according to McAfee documentation). We're also patched up to the latest version now, no big changes to speak of though the logging is far more informative now.
I do still have once laptop that will simply not sync properly and I'm troubleshooting this one now.