cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Can we do a Manual decryption without Username & Password/recovery file.

I have a laptop which was partial decrypted using EETech cd due to some bad xml error, so when i tried to initiate the decryption through EEtech cd i found that its not accepting Token authentication and the system entry was deleted before starting of the decryption process so recovery file is present.

So I need to know an we do a Manual decryption without Username & Password/recovery file.

2 Replies
jhall2
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can we do a Manual decryption without Username & Password/recovery file.

There is no way to decrypt a machine without a key which is obtained either by authenticating using a token or by exporting the XML. Can you export the XML based on the Disk Key Check?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can we do a Manual decryption without Username & Password/recovery file.

As stated - you would need the key associated to the system.  If you are unable to authenticate in the EETech utility with a username/password against the token database, then you will need the recovery XML file exported through ePO. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community