cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bblackmore
Level 7

Can't Deploy EEPC v6 to Client

Hi,

I'm currently trialing McAfee Endpoint Encryption v6, but seem to have run into a slight problem - I can't seem to deply the software to a client machine.

I've previously used SafeBoot Endpoint Encryption (v5.1), before it was brought by McAfee, and found it to be a wonderful piece of software, very easy to setup, use and manage. Now however, its seems to have become a lot more complicated.

Firstly, am I right in thinking that Devices can now only be managed through ePO, rather than the previous SafeBoot Manager console? I notice the Devices & Policies tab is missing from the Endpoint Encryption manager screen.

• I've downloaded, installed, and configured ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 as per the document eepc_600_product_guide_en-us.pdf.
  • I've added EEADMIN.zip & EEPC.ZIP extensions
  • I've checked in the MfeEEPC.ZIP package
  • Registered Active Directory & Tested the connection
  • Configured Windows Authentication
  • Configured Automated LDAP Synchronization & let it run as per the schedule
  • Installed the ePOHelpeX 2 extension

However, now it comes to deploying the clients, but when I go to Menu | Systems | System Tree, there are no systems listed under My Organization.

How do I deploy clients? I assume I have to install the ePO agent on clients first. How is this done, via Group Policy Software Installations, or can it be pushed out from ePO itself? If its via GP Software installs, where are the MSI files located? I can't find them anywhere on the ePO server or in the extracted ePO download. If its via the ePO console itself, how is this done? The documentation that comes with ePO 4.5 is just a readme.html file, that seems to only contain known install & upgrade issues.

Any help would be much appreciated

Ben

0 Kudos
4 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: Can't Deploy EEPC v6 to Client

You may find this helpful.

http://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/blog/2009/12/04/a-quickstart-guide-for-mcafee-en...

As for the ePO agent, you can choose "Create and download agent installation package" when you take "New Systems" "System Tree Action" in your "System Tree" tab.

Message was edited by: peter_eepc on 3/1/10 3:42:19 PM EST
0 Kudos
bblackmore
Level 7

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

I read the blog, and looked into pushing out the agent via 'System Tree | New Systems', however, the blogs says the ePO agent version has to be at least 4.5, but the only agent version available to push out is "McAfee Agent for Windows 4.0.0 (current)".

Is there a newer agent available for download? I couldn't find a newer version on the download site.

Ben

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

Of course there is.

EEPC-Products-2010-MAR-01.png

0 Kudos
bblackmore
Level 7

Ah, that's why I can't see it. This is an evaluation, so I had an evaluation grant number from McAfee which lasted a day, and allowed me to download only the Endpoint Encryption product. I downloaded ePO after reading the EEPC documentation via the public evaluation downloads site (ePO wasn't even included in the eval grant). And the McAfee Agent v4.5 wasn't in the eval grant, or on the public eval download site!

I guess I'll have to go back to McAfee and beg for another grant number!

Ben

0 Kudos