cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitlocker encrypted VHD file + McAfee Drive Encryption

Hello,

I have an issue after installing Anniversary update for Windows 10. I have VHD file encrypted with Bitlocker located on C: drive. This drive was encrypted with McAfee Drive Encryption. Since I had to decrypt C: drive to install Anniversary update I moved VHD file to other unencrypted drive and  decrypted C: (through Epo policy). After updating windows I tried to mount VHD as usual but system does not prompt for password for Bitlocker encryption and partition is seen as RAW. I found very similar issue:

windows 8.1 - BitLocker protected VHD volume corrupted - Super User

What should I do to recover data from this VHD - Anniversary update is like new OS installation almost, I tried reverting back to old build but effect is similar - no prompt for password and RAW partition

Maciek

6 Replies

Re: Bitlocker encrypted VHD file + McAfee Drive Encryption

To recover data from encrypted VHD file, I would like to refer Kernel for VHD data recovery software. It is an easy-to-use, secure and the most accurate third party data recovery software. For more information about Kernel for VHD software, visit: http://www.vhdrecoverytool.com

VHD Recovery Tool is the most efficient and easy to use for virtual drive recovery. The application effectively resolves all the minor and major issues causing data loss from the drive. It extracts data from both FAT32 and NTFS file systems of a virtual hard disk and easily maintains the logical structure and properties of the recovered files and folders. http://www.vhd.recoverydeletedfiles.com/

McAfee Employee jhall2
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

Note: Decryption of Drive Encryption is not required to upgrade to Win10 AU.

KB87909 - How to upgrade the operating system to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 1607) with Drive Encryption 7.1 Patch 3 Hotfix 1148978 installed

Virtual Hard Disk Recovery / VHD Data Recovery Tool recover deleted Virtual partition data without any harm.

To easily and accurately recover complete data from corrupt or damaged VHD file of a virtual hard disk, try an efficient third party data recovery tool, known as, Virtual Disk Recovery from - http://www.en.virtualdiskrecovery.com

Highlighted

In virtualization, mounting VHD files on the computer is intended to cause corruption and mounting issues on VHD files. In order to deal with such problems, VHD Data Recovery Tool Repair Virtual Hard Disk Effectively  tool is here to repair and restore VHD files. It is compatible to all versions of Windows operating system and it can access and recover all the deleted, corrupt and formatted VHD files. Performs VHD recovery from Windows 8, Hyper-V Server, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community