cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemantk
Level 12

Bad XML

Hello.....

I was trying to Decrypt 1 Laptop Using EETECH.

1. I booted Laptop Using EETECh

2. Authorized with EE Code of the Day

But when i tried to Authenticate Using xml file exported from ePO for that perticular laptop then i get Error Message as Bad XML.

Please suggest any Action to Decrypt Laptop.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
dwebb
Level 12

Re: Bad XML

0 Kudos
hemantk
Level 12

Hello dwebb

Thanks for ur Quick Response. FYI i'm not performing Emergency Boot, Actually i'm tring to Authenticate using xml file.

0 Kudos
dwebb
Level 12

The problem is a corruption in the .xml file itself....the algorithm name is corrupted.  Any operation within EETech that is required to parse the file will have the same problem.

Please use the correct version of EETech to resolve this problem, as per the KB.

HTH

0 Kudos
hemantk
Level 12

Hi Dwebb

Actually i'm using EEPC 6.0.2 & EETECH 6.0.2.And in KB it has mentioned to use EETECH 6.1 .

So my question is will it Support on EEPC 6.0.2????......

0 Kudos
dwebb
Level 12

Yes EETech from 6.1 will support 6.0.2. 

Can you please open the file and confirm that the algorithm name is corrupted for me? thanks

0 Kudos
hemantk
Level 12

Sorry i din't get you Open the  File means i have to Open double clicking it with Explorer?...............

0 Kudos
hemantk
Level 12

I tried to Open double clicking it...

it showed following message

- <MfeEpeExportMachineKey>

<key>qEwlLITTcWCGtMaqh8/6v5s6h2VkpHUutWtAZ97CHDc=</key>

<algorithm>0   `†H e   *  </algorithm>

- <recoveryData>

- <entries>

<name>OriginalMbr</name>

<value>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</value>

</entries>

</recoveryData>

</MfeEpeExportMachineKey>

0 Kudos
hemantk
Level 12

Not a Single Response.............

I though McAfee Community is quicker than McAfee Support.......

0 Kudos
dwebb
Level 12

Please edit your last post to remove the bits in between <key> and </key>.

Then you could change the bit between <algorithm> and </algorithm> to

<algorithm>AES-256-CBC</algorithm>

Save the file and try it wihin EETech. 

0 Kudos