cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any issues if making Encryption Policy changes for Active machines?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a couple questions regarding Encryption Polices. I wanted to change the policy from Boot Disks only to All Disks encrypted. Secondly, I wanted to drag OPAL above Software so OPAL would kick in instead of software. If I made these policy changes, what impact if any, would end user machines face that already have encryption activated on their machines.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee hhoang
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Any issues if making Encryption Policy changes for Active machines?

Jump to solution

The policy is dynamic and can be changed whenever you see fit to do so (as long as the client system is able to communicate to the EPO server).  In regard to your questions:

"I wanted to change the policy from Boot Disks only to All Disks encrypted."

--This will encrypt any additional disks on the drive and will be transparent to the user.

"Secondly, I wanted to drag OPAL above Software so OPAL would kick in instead of software."

--Someone else recently requested information on OPAL encryption; you can refer to the below post for additional considerations before using OPAL provider on systems.  If the system is already activated with the software provider it will need to be deactivated and re-activated to utilize the OPAL provider.  Any newly deployed system would attempt to use the OPAL provider first.  There is no impact on end users in either scenario.

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee hhoang
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

The policy is dynamic and can be changed whenever you see fit to do so (as long as the client system is able to communicate to the EPO server).  In regard to your questions:

"I wanted to change the policy from Boot Disks only to All Disks encrypted."

--This will encrypt any additional disks on the drive and will be transparent to the user.

"Secondly, I wanted to drag OPAL above Software so OPAL would kick in instead of software."

--Someone else recently requested information on OPAL encryption; you can refer to the below post for additional considerations before using OPAL provider on systems.  If the system is already activated with the software provider it will need to be deactivated and re-activated to utilize the OPAL provider.  Any newly deployed system would attempt to use the OPAL provider first.  There is no impact on end users in either scenario.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply, appreciated!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.