cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Any V6 Beta users here?

I have some ePO experience and have used both v6 Beta versions. I am pleased overall with the design and functionality of this product. It ties really well with the User Based Polices feature of ePO 4.5, and I like how you can assign users to the machines by choosing them right from the synchronized copy of LDAP. I really like how AutoDomain is integrated into this version (Add local domain users).

The theme options are better in Beta 2 but I wish that there was an integrated theme creator. It would be great if it was in the format as the v5 theme creator. It sometimes takes forever to activate EEPC and start the encryption process on the machine. I am manually forcing check new policies, enforce policies, collect and send props, performing agent wakeup calls, ect., and still it does not start right away.

Looking foward to the production release...tick, tock. I am also eager to learn the upgrade/ migration details from v5 to v6 but I hear that will not exist until v6 release 2.

Highlighted

I head from our sales representative yesterday that EEPC v6 will be released on 11/16/2009. Can someone acknowledge this?

Cheers,

Markus

DLarson
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 16

Yes. Nov 16th, 2009 is the release date.

I have got a copy of Beta, but yet to try my hands on the same. Just curious to know if the scripting tool is still there in v 6 or removed?

Scripting tool is definitely a great thing in automating a lot of stuff. So if it's removed, whether any other feature got added to the new version to accomplish the same type of task?

Another quesiton - the MEE database is separate or it's a part of ePO DB?

- AB

I do not know about scripting tool. I hope that the v6 Plugin for the WinTech includes Emergency Boot so we do not have to use SafeTech anymore.

v6 is installed on the same ePO database via reporting extensions and software packages. There is no separate database so far as I can see. This may change with upgrades/ migrations from v5?

The beta expired on the 31st of October.

No scripting tool in v6 since ePO does not have a scripting interface.

Everything is in the ePO SQL database.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66700

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community