Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Another Mac Activation issue

Jump to solution

In a previous post I was able to get a Macbook Pro 3,1 encrypted by editing the EESupportedPlatformList.xml file as instructed by Mcafee.

I tried the same thing with a MacBookPro 4,1 and it would seem to activate. The logs say:

MacSystem, Found Supported Hardware: MacBookPro 4,1 . (good right ??)

Later in the logs I get this Warning and don't know what to make of it:

LPC Channel subscriptions failed: [0xEE000007] Unexpected IPC error. Please ensure MA/Point Product service is running.

MfeEpeServiceLPCServer channels subscribed.

I also see this:

Error, EpoPlugin

policyHandler: cannot attempt activation without any assigned users.  (Get out of town, I assigned users.)

Setting enforcement state to FALSE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 11
Message 2 of 3

Re: Another Mac Activation issue

Jump to solution

Nevermind.. It's encrypting now. I reassigned users and it started. Looks like that was the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 11
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Nevermind.. It's encrypting now. I reassigned users and it started. Looks like that was the issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

In the interest of helping others. I just ran into this again. Macbook Pro 8,1. I did everything.. It kicked off after the policy update. I'm not sure how to force the policy update but the box wouldnt start encrypting until that happened. That was 1 full hour. So if you run into this, either wait an hour, or figure out how to enforce a policy update on the Mac. Maybe someone can post it.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community