cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donmonteith
Level 7

Allow Help Desk Personnel to view Self-Recovery Answers for users?

Jump to solution

I'm using Drive Encryption 7.1 with ePo 5.1.1. I thought I saw in the old version of EEPC that there was a way to allow Help Desk personnel to view at least part of a user's Self-Recovery answers to aid in verifying a user's identity when they call in. I can't seem to find it again. Was I mistaken? Or is there a way to do that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Allow Help Desk Personnel to view Self-Recovery Answers for users?

Jump to solution

You cannot view the Self Recovery information but can view some additional user info. This can be done by importing previously defined information from Active Directory. This information can be viewed for the users by running the DE: Users query, selecting the user, click Actions |  "User Information".

The exact steps can be found on page 70 of the DE 7.1 Product Guide (PD24867).

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

Mistaken I'm afraid. Letting you see the answers would be as bad as letting you see the users password.

its never been possible to see the self recovery answers.

0 Kudos
donmonteith
Level 7

Jump to solution

See, and I swear I thought I remembered seeing a console window where most of the answer was blocked out except for the last couple characters of a a given answer. So nothing like that anywhere or anytime, then?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

You cannot view the Self Recovery information but can view some additional user info. This can be done by importing previously defined information from Active Directory. This information can be viewed for the users by running the DE: Users query, selecting the user, click Actions |  "User Information".

The exact steps can be found on page 70 of the DE 7.1 Product Guide (PD24867).

0 Kudos
donmonteith
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well, alright then. Thanks for the answers, guys!

0 Kudos
chopstik
Level 7

Jump to solution

It would be good if extra recovery type question can be setup and viewable in the console by the helpdesk as a way to validate users when called for machine recovery.

0 Kudos