cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcafeebolscz
Level 7

After encrypting files...

Hi everyone.

I am new in the community; and i have been working with EEFF managed by ePO.

EEFF 4.0.1 in ePO 460.

I have deployed EEFF in host Win 7 Enterprise SP1.

I have done test with File Encryption Options, with "My Default" policy, with process name "winword.exe" and extensions "doc docx" and works me fine. When user open and save "doc" or "docx" files, the files have encrypted.

Maybe this is a stupid issue but, when i set "File Encryption Options" as default settings (with no process or extensions added), the files stay encrypted. So, i think is something i am not doing well.

How is the correct way for decrypt this files?

I have opened and saved, saved with other name or save a new copy and all of them saves encrypted too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

CDR

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mcafeebolscz
Level 7

Re: After encrypting files...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

What you are seeing is exactly why people use EEFF - the encryption is sticky.

If you want to create an insecure copy of a file, you need to either right-click it and choose decrypt, or move it to a folder which has a decrypt policy.

Otherwise the file will remain secure wherever it goes.

0 Kudos
mcafeebolscz
Level 7

Thank you for your answer.

Thats mean if i make a mistake and apply a policy to encrypt all ".doc" files, there is no way to roll back this unless doing manually either right-clic or a decrypt option?

I forbid "explicit decrypt" option, because users should have no way for carry confidential info to other locations except his own computer.

There is no option except that you mention?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

no - and there could not be either - EEFF can't track what happens to the files once they go off the machine - so it can't automatically decrypt everything it's encrypted - the files could be anywhere.

0 Kudos