When trying to do a restore MBR.
I'm assuming this means the XML that I exported from the server is "bad" in some way? I have seen this on my last few repairs (we are currently testing)
Just wondering why this happens? There's not much info out there on EETECH. I love this clarification:
Authentication User Interface definition file failed.
It's exactly what the GUI tells me, but what other info is there out there to tell me what I already know...?
Could you please tell us the exact error message that is displayed on the screen ?
Also could you answer the following ?
Error message is a standard message box that pops up with the error code of 0XEE0E0001 and then the same text as above; Authentication User Interface definition file failed.
Thanks for the information.. But could you please answer the following :
2. You mention that you were trying to restore the MBR, at what point was this ? This was on one of the two machines we lost yesterday morning to a deserialize type error. After I rebuit new machines for these users, I played for literally hours trying to decrypt, reset MBR, Uninstall EEPC, etc. This was all observation in testing so basically the closest answer is - after an Uninstall EEPC, the standalone EETECH locks up, but it must do something because once you reboot, the PC/ ability to boot is "hosed". After that I opened the workspace and did a force decrypt and decrypted from 63 to the total amount of sectors. It was at some point after I recovered the users data from the decrypted sectors that I used this as a test/learning machine to see what I could find out about this myself. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing