cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed

When trying to do a restore MBR.

I'm assuming this means the XML that I exported from the server is "bad" in some way?  I have seen this on my last few repairs (we are currently testing)

Just wondering why this happens?  There's not much info out there on EETECH.  I love this clarification:

0xEE0E0001

Authentication User Interface definition file failed.

It's exactly what the GUI tells me, but what other info is there out there to tell me what I already know...?

4 Replies
whgibbo
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: 0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed

Hi,

Could you please tell us the exact error message that is displayed on the screen ?

Also could you answer the following ?

1. Are you creating you custom themes, if so how are you creating them ?
  2. You mention that you were trying to restore the MBR, at what point was this ?

Many thanks

Hello!

Error message is a standard message box that pops up with the error code of 0XEE0E0001 and then the same text as above; Authentication User Interface definition file failed.

whgibbo
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the information..  But could you please answer the following :

1. Are you using custom themes, if so how are you creating them ?
  2. You mention that you were trying to restore the MBR, at what point was this ?

Many thanks

1. Are you using custom themes, if so how are you creating them ?  - I just have changed the wallpaper to include our agency logo.  Changed this under Configuration - Server settings - EE - Themes - Add - Based on McAfee and just substitute my background.

2. You mention that you were trying to restore the MBR, at what point was this ?  This was on one of the two machines we lost yesterday morning to a deserialize type error.  After I rebuit new machines for these users, I played for literally hours trying to decrypt, reset MBR, Uninstall EEPC, etc.  This was all observation in testing so basically the closest answer is - after an Uninstall EEPC, the standalone EETECH locks up, but it must do something because once you reboot, the PC/ ability to boot is "hosed".  After that I opened the workspace and did a force decrypt and decrypted from 63 to the total amount of sectors.  It was at some point after I recovered the users data from the decrypted sectors that I used this as a test/learning machine to see what I could find out about this myself.  A little knowledge is a dangerous thing 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community