cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in place upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 with mcafee drive encryption

What are the steps to perform to upgrade to Windows 10 with McAfee EPO drive encryption
8 Replies
Thussain
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: in place upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 with mcafee drive encryption

Thank you for posting your query

I would like to inform that McAfee Drive Encryption 7.2.8 and 7.2.9 is supported on Windows 10 version 1903

McAfee Drive Encyrption 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8 and 7.2.9 is supported with Windows 10 version 1809

For more details what version of Drive Encryption is compatible with the windows 10 OS version, please refer to the Supported operating systems Section from the below KB article

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79422

How to upgrade the operating system to Windows 10 with Drive Encryption 7.2.1 or later installed, please refer to the below KB article
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89000

Solution 1 and 2 clearly define the upgrade steps. 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Please refer this KB  article .

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89000

Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for Drive Encryption 7.x

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79422 

If you have any doubt or any question please reach out to support for more information.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Where do I find the ReflectDrivers? Do I need to download?

ReflectDrivers? 

Do I need to download and update or are the drivers already contained in the McAfee directory?

Thussain
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

May I know what is the version of Drive Encryption installed on the Machine and what is the OS version

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 9

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Reflect-drivers are created by default in the below location when we install the MDE and this is responsible to keep the client machine without decrypting when there is a OS upgrade.

<C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption\OSUpgrade>  

So there is no need of downloading this drivers since it is already in the location .

**Customer will need to test their setup thoroughly though, of course.**

If you have any doubt in regards to upgrade or you want any type of help in this , I would like to request you to please open a Service Request with the Technical Support Team and they will help you till the issue is not resolved.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks for the clarification on the ReflectDriver question.

As per your question, the PC I am trying to upgrade has DE version 7.2.4.2 installed.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Thanks for the clarification on the ReflectDriver question.

Happy to help you. 🙂

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community