Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Windows Start Menu - Unwanted MfeFfcore Link

Hi,

We are using ePO-managed FRP 5.0.7 in the Current and 5.0.10 in Evalutation branch. We noticed that on the 5.0.10 machines we get a Link to MfeFfCore in the Start Menu.

The link is located in the user path.

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

We tried removing it via script but it returns after a while. Is there a wa to stop this from happening? Meaning can avoid this link being created in the first place, and, also remove it for good on those machines that have it already?

Thank you very much in advance!

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Re: Windows Start Menu - Unwanted MfeFfcore Link

Hi @FA1,

Very glad to have you active here! I am sorry this post has been unanswered for long time. I do not monitor this forum and I just realized you have emailed me directly as well on our ticket. I am afraid I lack the expertise with the product in question however, I have some experts who can help us here on this question! @jsubbura @JaganA @sbalamur I have tagged the experts in this domain and hopefully they should have an answer to your query!

Have a great day ahead!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

@fa! Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community.

Can you send us a full screenshot of the link you can see on start Menu ?
Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee
Highlighted
Level 9
Message 4 of 8

Subramanian,

thank you very much for your kind attention. Please find the image below.

Capture.PNG

Thank you very much!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Hi @FA1,

I have an idea, more of a workaround using ENS. Is this shortcut is confirmed to not have much of a functional use, I can assist you in creating an Access protection rule from Endpoint Security and prevent this from getting created after you delete the existing one!

Please let me know your thoughts and I shall call you directly on this one sir 🙂

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
Level 9
Message 6 of 8

Thank you very much AdithyanT for the suggestion. 

I am not yet ready to use McAfee to block McAfee from creating shortcuts.  Instead, my hope would be that we can find another solution to this. 

@FRP-Team 

Where you able to get the needed info from my screen shot, or do you need anything else? Thank you very much!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Hi @FA1,

Understood! I have looped in some our experts from this team to review it for you internally. Please bear with us while they get back to you on this.

Apologies for not being of much use here since this does not involve my expertise.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Hi @FA1 ,

This MfeFfcore.exe shortcut file appears per design for the current version of FRP too.

I advise you to raise a support ticket for the same so that we could check with our developers if its really needed as a shortcut or can it be removed in any future versions. 

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community