cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkazi
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Unknown error occurred when trying to recover a laptop from McAfee drive encryption. Need help ASAP.

Hello,

one of our laptop is locked because it has been too long since the last policy update. It requires Administrator recovery. When i tried to do it from the EPO console it throws me an error at the last option ( Response code).mcafee_error.png

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unknown error occurred when trying to recover a laptop from McAfee drive encryption. Need help A

Most likely this will need to go to the encryption team, but before we move it over there, I would like to get some additional logging to see what the unexpected error is.

logging unexpected errors. 
First do this:
1- Edit server\conf\orion\orion.properties
2- Replace 'orion.exception.show.detail=false' with 'orion.exception.show.detail=true'
3- Restart Tomcat

Then reproduce the issue. Instead of "unexpected error" the console should give you a jstack trace.  That is what I would like to see.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mkazi
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

Re: Unknown error occurred when trying to recover a laptop from McAfee drive encryption. Need help A

Thanks for the reply, I just followed your instruction and still giving me the same "Unknown Error Occurred". I restarted the McAfee ePolicy application server. Do i need to restart event parser and server also ?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

No, you shouldn't have to restart those.  Send me a zipped copy of the orion log please - I will send you my contact info in private message

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator