cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Unexpected exception in EpeUefiBootcodee.cpp: [0xEE020012] Failed.

Hi McAfee Support,

I need your advice regarding my issue. On one laptop from my users (Lenovo X280) I am not able to decrypt the SSD-Drive. On booting stage I am becoming an error message:

Unexpected exception in EpeUefiBootcodee.cpp: [0xEE020012] Failed.

2020-07-17 10_57_21-temp - Google Drive.jpg

When I am trying to use DETech/WinTech 7.2 Tool, I am receiving an error message:

"Could not detect a version of McAfee Drive Encryption on this system. If this system was known to be active, please ensure that you are using the corresponding version of DETech/WinTech and check that the boot disk is set correctly. This version of DETech/WinTech is 7.2"

2020-07-17 10_57_36-temp - Google Drive.jpg

2020-07-17 10_53_01-ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 - Internet Explorer.jpg

2020-07-17 10_53_20-ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 - Internet Explorer.jpg

I have checked it in ePO Console, which version of DriveEcryption has a user and they are corresponding to each other. There is just one SSD-Drive installed.

2020-07-17 10_57_15-temp - Google Drive.jpg

McAfee Tool doesn’t recognize the SSD-drive at all und when I am going to Disk Information, there is an error message: ‘ERROR: Disk Information not available’. So I cannot to generate XML file using drive key. I have downloaded XML file from ePO console, but after attempting to choose my file as authentication mode, I am receiving another error message:

‘Failed to retrieve key check from disk the primary disk. Press OK to continue authentication or CANCEL to abort’.

2020-07-17 10_57_07-temp - Google Drive.jpg

Token auth:

2020-07-17 10_57_28-temp - Google Drive.jpg

There is no possibility to decrypt this drive at all, although the partition table looks not to be damaged, there is also no CRC errors.

1 Reply
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unexpected exception in EpeUefiBootcodee.cpp: [0xEE020012] Failed.

Hi,

does anybody have any idea what should I do? Has anybody faced similar issue maybe?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community