Did you mean: 
MM001
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Unexpected exception in EpeUefiBootcode.cpp: [0xEE120106] Loading system policy

My lenovo laptop cannot be started and showing this error :

Unexpected exception in EpeUefiBootcode.cpp: [0xEE120106] Loading system policy

My hard drive is encrypted by IT team of my company and when I informed him with this issue he told to reinstall the windows and he can not decrypt the hard drive .

My questions are :

-If I will format the encrypted hard drive to install a new system ,then can I retrieve the data on this hard drive with a recovery tool or not ?

-If this is possible ,then what is the suggested recovery tool to use

1 Reply
Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unexpected exception in EpeUefiBootcode.cpp: [0xEE120106] Loading system policy

Hello,

That error "EE120106" indicates an issue with the PBA system (most probably corruption) and it requires decryption of the drive so you can backup your data (if you have all information available, you can just reimage).

Otherwise you can try Emergency boot to rebuilds the PBFS - it is quite the same procedure as the decryption without the need to wait actual decryption:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/26000/PD26657/en_US/...

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Tags (2)
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center