cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade windows 7 to windows 8 pro

I'm trying to upgrade the Windows 7 OS to Windows 8 Professional with earlier recommended command line ' Setup.exe /ReflectDrivers "%programfiles%\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption\OSUpgrade" '. But getting error like 'An unknown command line option [/ReflectDrivers] was specified. Request you to kindly assist me to upgrade my Windows 7 OS to Windows 8 professional. Below given product details for your kind reference, McAfee Agent : 5.6.0.702 DLP : 11.4.0.452 Encryption: 7.2.5.24 Endpoint Security: 10.6
6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to upgrade windows 7 to windows 8 pro

Hi User,

Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community

The command mentioned is for upgrade to Windows 10 OS only, but as i can see from your description , you are trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

I would suggest to disable PBA and perform the upgrade.

Also let me know if you are trying upgrade through SCCM or WSUS?

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards

Avinash R

Data Protection

McAfee Employee

Highlighted

Hi Avinash, 

Thanks for your kind response, here I'm trying to upgrade the Windows 7 to Windows 8 professional as offline (not using any SCCM or Wsus). Simply i mounted the ISO and try to execute the command, and getting error as mentioned. after changing the PBA getting same error. kindly help

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

The command is to be executed only when you are upgrading to Windows 10. As you are upgrading to Windows 10, you can directly upgrade.

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards

Avinash R

Data Protection

McAfee Employee

Highlighted

Ok, then how to upgrade the Windows 7 OS to Windows 8 with McAfee Drive Encryption. (we have more than 50 systems running with Windows 7 OS)

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community

Please proceed with normal way to upgrade the windows. Please try on one system.

Regards

Avinash R

Data Protection

McAfee Employee

Highlighted

Hi Team,

I've tried to upgrade as normally on several Encrypted windows 7 systems, but it's got an error like, "We couldn't install Windows 8 'we've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows8.'

But at the same time I'm able to upgrade the Windows 7 systems which are not having McAfee Drive Encryption. 

Hence request you to please assist me with proper solution for "McAfee Encrypted systems upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8"

Thanks..!!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community