cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgdate Windows 10 1703 to 1709 on machines already encrypted with DE 7.2.2

Hello everyone,

here is my problem,

i have 11 computers with Windows 10 1703 build 15063.726 encrypted with DE 7.2.2.

I want to upgrade them to Windows 1709 but after the update is downloaded via WSUS, and when i do the required restart to finish the installation, the computer normally need several reboots to finish the update but after the first reboot I need to authenticate in the pree-boot authentifiation screen, after that the installation won't complete as it does in computer that are not encrypted and i find myself in a screen asking me to choose the keyboard layout wich redirect me to the windows login screen as if the update was rollbacked to the initial state before the forst restart.

can someone help me with this issue ? 

have you faced the same situation if yes how did you fix it ?

I'm thiking of decrypting the computerq and install the windows update then encrypt them again but I wish I can find a solution without doing this.

Kind Regards,

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee jhall2
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to upgdate Windows 10 1703 to 1709 on machines already encrypted with DE 7.2.2

Please review:

KB89000 - How to upgrade the operating system to Windows 10, with Drive Encryption 7.2.1 or later installed

Re: Unable to upgdate Windows 10 1703 to 1709 on machines already encrypted with DE 7.2.2

Thank you for your answer,

I'm upgrading from WSUS , and in the KB 890000, they say "No action or intervention is required", but still the upgrade do not complete after the computer restarted.

Best Regards,

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community