Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Touchpad not being detected on Dell Latitude 3400

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue and if they may have resolved it. We have issued several Dell Latitude 3400 with the Drive Encryption agent enabled, where the touchpad is not being detected during the pre-boot authentication. I have tested this with the latest agent version 7.2.9.14, however, the touchpad is still not being detected, though external USB mice are working fine.

Thanks 

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: Touchpad not being detected on Dell Latitude 3400

Hi @Linuxxo ,

Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community.

I would recommend you to follow below KB article to boot the machine in EFI shell to proceed further with this issue.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90801&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

Also can you let us know what is HWCompatablityversion checked in your ePO ?

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Linuxxo ,

Kindly update the Hardware Compatibility Settings file in your EPO to version 97,

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB81900

hwcl97.PNG

And kindly make sure you have the latest Firmware version in the client machine, 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/inbsd1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=63g39

If the above two are done and still you have issues, kindly do the UEFI shell testing as per the article below,

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90801&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
Highlighted
Level 9
Message 4 of 10

Many thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it may be a few weeks before I can test and verify it, due to the countrywide lockdown and inability to get to the office ☹️.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Hi @Linuxxo ,

I understand the scenario too! Its the same even here. 

Kindly stay indoors with safety measures! We would continue providing support to you in here as much as possible, let us know if you come across any other issues as well with regards to McAfee products.

Thank you

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

Hi, we are having the same issue with our Latitude 3400's about 300 of them and other 3400 series laptops. Please let me know if  you were able to resolve, and I will do the same. We run 7.2.9 MDE and have the latest version of the hardware compatibility file and the latest BIOS version on the laptops.

Thanks

Highlighted

update: the Shell test proved that the touchpad works. So this seems to be a McAfee issue.

Latest BIOS: yes

Latest ePO hardware compat file 97

MDE ver. 7.2.9.14

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Hi @robnictor ,

We advise you to open up a support case with McAfee Technical Support so that we can help you further in getting this fixed.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Hi @robnictor 

You may try to disable Fast Boot function in BIOS menu from affected system and see if issue persist.

Please also check if BIOS and UEFI systems on same model are affected.

Regards,

Juztin Kong
Mcafee Employee
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have done that as well. I have an SR opened with Enterprise Support.

Thanks

Rob 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community