Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mlajoie
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Smart Cards at pre-boot

Currently, we are using a Gemalto IDPrime .NET card at pre-boot and we are moving to a Gemalto IDPrime MD830B card.

For each new user, I add them to a PAR, enable UDP, and then run the DE and LDAP server tasks.  Generally, it is working well.  I do, though, have two issues.

Issue 1:

I am having a problem with two users.  No matter what I do, they continue to get the "Not a Suitable Card" error at PBA.  I have validated multiple times they are in the PAR, their account is not disabled, they can log into Windows, their certificate is published in AD, and that non-standard UBP is enforced.  We've replaced the card for one user and the problem remains.  What am I missing?

Issue 2:

We are going to be moving a lot of users to the new card in the next couple of months.  We are getting their certificates auto-published into AD so that minimizes user interaction.  I still have the problem of having to set their UBP to non-standard.  Is there a way to automate this or script it or something?  It will become quite cumbersome to have to do this by hand for 300+ users.  Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community