Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Reset options for password

Jump to solution

I have someone who is getting the incorrect password every time they boot. We are simply using windows password authentication. They have to run the recover using security questions to get on. It's been a while since I've had one of these, so will I need to do the reset token or reset to password token to get those synched back up. I verified that the user is assigned as an encryption user to the system.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Reset options for password

Jump to solution

Typically, the best method to go with is to issue a token reset through the DE: Users query for that user while they have the system online.  Then you can have them synchronize with ePO and upon completion of that and policy enforcement, the MfeEpe.log can be checked to ensure that the recent lines for that user indicate that the have had their token reset.  At that point, they should be able to reboot and will be in a new/default user state.  From there, they can get their password set up in preboot and if you are using SSO/password sync then it should pick match up to that when they log in to Windows with the same account after preboot.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Reset options for password

Jump to solution

Typically, the best method to go with is to issue a token reset through the DE: Users query for that user while they have the system online.  Then you can have them synchronize with ePO and upon completion of that and policy enforcement, the MfeEpe.log can be checked to ensure that the recent lines for that user indicate that the have had their token reset.  At that point, they should be able to reboot and will be in a new/default user state.  From there, they can get their password set up in preboot and if you are using SSO/password sync then it should pick match up to that when they log in to Windows with the same account after preboot.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community