Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Remove dialog offering to encrypt removable media

Need to get rid of dialog popping up, when connecting USB device: McAfee File and Removable Media Protection You have inserted an unprotected device into the computer. Do you want to encrypt this device? Yes/No
3 Replies
jappell
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Remove dialog offering to encrypt removable media

This was configured by your ePO administrator \ Security department. It is there for a purpose. Are you the administrator? Are you the end user?

It is unlikely that the message will be removed as a company wants removeable devices to be encrypted, otherwise they would be readonly. It keep confidential information secure with a password, otherwise if they are dropped in the parking lot, someone would be able to read potentially sensative information.

If you are the administrator you should be familiar with the policy and how to remove that functionality. If not please contact support.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Can we decrypt the files manually installed with FRP 

jappell
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

It is a pretty open question without a lot of details not provided.Haven't used FRP in depth for awile but I seem to remember that you can. If your file is on an encrypted stick for portability, you can.

I realize I am giving you a general point in one driection, but its the best I can do based on what you gave me.

Jay

From the Best Practices guide:

Here are some references that might help.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/26000/PD26188/en_US/...

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/26000/PD26185/en_US/...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community