Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
eg211
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

QQ:Decrypt disk when client not connected to ePO?

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I’m wondering without DeTech tool then if we can decrypt client machine when it’s not connected to ePO or has no internet connection.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee sbalamur
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: QQ:Decrypt disk when client not connected to ePO?

Jump to solution

Step 1: Boot the machine from the EETECH Standalone disk

Step 2: Authenticate and Authorize

1. Click on Enable USB

EEt1.pngeet2.png

a. Under Authentication, click on File button and select the XML file from the USB Device.

eet3.pngb.Click on Authorize and enter the code of the day (taken from the EETECH Code Generator)

eet4.pngeet5.png

c. On successful authorization, you will see the below screen with status for Authentication and Authorization.

eet6.png

Step 3: Click on Emergency Boot. This will bypass PBA and boot you into Windows. If there is no Windows loader error like OS corrupted or windows loader is missing .

Let me know if you have any questions.

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

3 Replies
McAfee Employee sbalamur
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution
@eg211 Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community.

If mu understanding is correct you have question on other decrypting tools apart from DETech .

If that is correct then yes we do have other tools for data recovery but no tools have direct option to decrypt a HDD however we have option to bypass drive encryption screen to load into windows using either XML key based or Token based authentication followed COD authentication method to retrieve the data.

The tools are : Winpe & EZEFI/EZMBR - These tools are not built or provided from McAfee as they require Microsoft License and its environment specific.

Please Refer below guide for more information :

Winpe : https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/drive-encryption-v7-2-0-detech-product/resource/PD26657.pdf

EZEFI /EZMBR : Downloaded the latest EZEFI/EZMBR tool from the below link : https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/free-tools/eztools.html

Reference Video created for EZEFI 9.3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufS7tN97txU
Reference Video created for EZMBR 9.2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW7JgUl3xRs

Let me know if you any questions !!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee
eg211
Level 10
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

@sbalamur Thanks, btw can you elaborate a little more about how to bypass drive encryption screen by using XML key? I tried to find the information in the product guide but didn't find it.. thanks again in advance.

McAfee Employee sbalamur
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Step 1: Boot the machine from the EETECH Standalone disk

Step 2: Authenticate and Authorize

1. Click on Enable USB

EEt1.pngeet2.png

a. Under Authentication, click on File button and select the XML file from the USB Device.

eet3.pngb.Click on Authorize and enter the code of the day (taken from the EETECH Code Generator)

eet4.pngeet5.png

c. On successful authorization, you will see the below screen with status for Authentication and Authorization.

eet6.png

Step 3: Click on Emergency Boot. This will bypass PBA and boot you into Windows. If there is no Windows loader error like OS corrupted or windows loader is missing .

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community