Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Omriil
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Moving Encrypted Systems to new ePO

Jump to solution

We are planning a move to a new ePO server in a different network with different IP and Hostname, which means we can't export the same DB and do a "Disaster Recovery" Installation, therefore we must export all ASCI keyes and settings manually (according to KB79283 & KB88822) and initiate a System Transfer.

KB79283 mentions:

"DE 7.1 Patch 3 (7.1.3) now provides the ePO administrator with a new capability that allows systems to be transferred from one ePO server to another while preserving user assignments and user data" and points to PD27693 - Drive Encryption 7.2.5 Client Transfer Migration Guide

In that guide it states that the migration process must be enabled through a Web-API. I couldn't find what is exactly the Web-API and how to use it. is there any info about this? do I have to initiate the command manually from the systems or is there a way to do it remotley?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Moving Encrypted Systems to new ePO

Jump to solution
Double check with support but if memory serves me correctly, when we moved to our new ePO server we just registered the servers with each other and transferred the devices. We did not have any issues with recovering keys or users or anything else as far as the encrypted devices went. Once the device has checked into the new server everything should update within the new Server and its associated DB.
1 Reply

Re: Moving Encrypted Systems to new ePO

Jump to solution
Double check with support but if memory serves me correctly, when we moved to our new ePO server we just registered the servers with each other and transferred the devices. We did not have any issues with recovering keys or users or anything else as far as the encrypted devices went. Once the device has checked into the new server everything should update within the new Server and its associated DB.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community