Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bramk
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Migrate User Directory

We're preparing a new EPO 5.10 environment and need to migrate about 430 users created in the User Directory from the old EPO 5.3 server. These accounts are created in the database, not with LDAP. How can I export these and import in the new EPO?

Export is not availalbe in the database, so i think maybe a sql command is necessary?

used product: Drive Encryption for Windows 7.2.6

User Directory 2.0.2.7

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Migrate User Directory

Hello,

Unfortunately there is not a way to migrate to a different ePO server since it is locally created. It is basically an internal Active Directory structure for you to use for user administration.

In case you have advance SQL knowledge you can try to do it with a query but most probably McAfee won't provide any assistance with that since they do not support messing around their database structures.

One possible way would be to carry on an ePO upgrade of your 5.3 directly to 5.10. That way you will not loose your users and they will be available afterwards.

You can also submit a product idea about it so McAfee can add such feature in future releases of ePO:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Business-Ideas/idb-p/business-ideas

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Tags (2)
Bramk
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

Yes thanks for the information. I accepted that we create the users again, increases the migration time slightly. We want to migrate in small batches so won't affect that much. With all the export options in EPO this would be a nice one as well, cannot be hard to implement. I think i'll submit the request.

The EPO 5.10 is build side by side next to the 5.3 due to also changing the hosting provider and new operating system.

Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Manual creation is acceptable solution also and that way you will have closer look in case there is an issue with some of the defined accounts.

Meanwhile I found the official statement about User Directory migration not being supported by McAfee (page 11):

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/26000/PD26656/en_US/...

There is another option but it could be even more time consuming than entering them one by one. You can build another 5.3 from a backup/snapshot and upgrade it to 5.10 on that separate system. After that you may consolidate databases after finding out exact tables these accounts are stored or just leave the second ePO to manage only MDE product and users.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Tags (2)
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center