Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Mcaffe Drive Encryption

Jump to solution

Hello,

i got an old Computer from my fathers work

As soon as i start it, it wants a username/password for McAffe Drive Encryption

we dont got username or password for that

i already made an format on the hard drive (i dont want any programs from his work)
but it stil wants the username/password for the drive encryption

is there a way to delete it?
is it somewhere else located other then the hard drive (can i just take another e.g. cpu (if its on the cpu))

already checked if it got an ssd but it doenst have one

i hope you can offer me some help

thanks in advance

with best regards 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ufoto
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mcaffe Drive Encryption

Jump to solution

Hello,

Most likely you didn't format all partitions if you are still seeing the McAfee pre-boot authentication.

When you run the Windows setup just go ahead and delete the existing partitions and create new ones. You shouldn't see the pre-boot after that.

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ufoto
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mcaffe Drive Encryption

Jump to solution

Hello,

Most likely you didn't format all partitions if you are still seeing the McAfee pre-boot authentication.

When you run the Windows setup just go ahead and delete the existing partitions and create new ones. You shouldn't see the pre-boot after that.

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community