cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mcafee File and Removable Media Protection

Hi All,

I have a hard drive (2TB) encrypted with a folder containing MfeEERM.exe file. When I click on this exe file, a window pops up asking for password. On entering the correct password, another window now opens with header as "McAfee Removable Media Protection 5.0.9.108" showing the data which is inside this encrypted drive as a folder structure. The computer where this HDD is connected does not have any McAfee software installed.

My question is how do I extract the data out from here for me to browse easily? As in the case of a USB encrypted with Bitlocker and then decrypted shows the data in the same volume but here the data is in the "McAfee Removable Media Protection 5.0.9.108" window and not in the volume which was encrypted or which contained the MfeEERM.exe file.

I tried searching the internet and found that I need to install the FRP (FIle and Removable media protection) package in the system and then the drive's file system will be recognized and will get to see the data in the volume. What I also found is that the FRP package is part of McAfee Complete Data Protection (CDA) package. Does anyone have link to the evaluation version of CDA or Endpoint encryption?

Thank you so much in advance.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mcafee File and Removable Media Protection

MfeEERM.exe is the portable executable that  is created when using FRP to create encrypted media. The program provides access to the files without having to have FRP installed. The program has functionality to extract data from the encrypted container.

I believe you need FRP in order to create a new encrypted container and to auto-mount containers that were encrypted by your FRP instance or enterprise license.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mcafee File and Removable Media Protection

Hi @TejasSanghani ,

Thank you for writing in here.

@ISmith 's reply is correct. 

Once after authentication you would be able to see the contents inside the container and you can copy the data to you local machine volume for further use. Over here we are not encrypting the files in the removable media, we create a encrypted container in the removable media and then place files within that encrypted container.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community