Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pro360
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

McAfeesecure Payment Error

Hi everyone

I do not know what to think of this problem I am facing. three days back I recieved multiple emails from McAfee secure advising me to secure my website, on of the email was titled

'you are still missing out on trust'

I clicked the link and it took me to the official Mcafee Secure website and It was mentioned that I will be charged just $49. I entered my details and paid, what happened next was just incredible, I was sent a receipt of $588 insteas of $49. I am sure that It was mentioned that I will be charged just $49 and nothing else.

I tried to reach out their customer care, and apart from automated messages, I got no reply. I now find out that my website will now be covered in their google and bing search, but I didn't sign up for it. I have already purchased such things for SEO in godaddy, all I did was to add Mcafee logo from godaddy to my website, from then on I was getting relentless emails from mcafeesecure, giving me all sort of warnings to upgrade, and then I click the link they send me where they say I will be charged $49 and then I get charged $588. This is simply unfair.Now when I click on the link they send me, all I get is 'Whoops...The page you requested could not be found.'

I am just hoping that it was a mistake or error from their part. If any official from McAfee is reading this, kindly refund the payment.

Regards

Labels (2)
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.