Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pro360
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

McAfeesecure Payment Error

Hi everyone

I do not know what to think of this problem I am facing. three days back I recieved multiple emails from McAfee secure advising me to secure my website, on of the email was titled

'you are still missing out on trust'

I clicked the link and it took me to the official Mcafee Secure website and It was mentioned that I will be charged just $49. I entered my details and paid, what happened next was just incredible, I was sent a receipt of $588 insteas of $49. I am sure that It was mentioned that I will be charged just $49 and nothing else.

I tried to reach out their customer care, and apart from automated messages, I got no reply. I now find out that my website will now be covered in their google and bing search, but I didn't sign up for it. I have already purchased such things for SEO in godaddy, all I did was to add Mcafee logo from godaddy to my website, from then on I was getting relentless emails from mcafeesecure, giving me all sort of warnings to upgrade, and then I click the link they send me where they say I will be charged $49 and then I get charged $588. This is simply unfair.Now when I click on the link they send me, all I get is 'Whoops...The page you requested could not be found.'

I am just hoping that it was a mistake or error from their part. If any official from McAfee is reading this, kindly refund the payment.

Regards

Labels (2)
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center