Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
homea50
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

McAfee FRP

Hi All,

I am working on POC of McAfee FRP, i applied Folder encryption with a key create on ePO and grant key in Grant key policy every thing else are on default settings.

I am getting desired results in folder encryption but when i plugged USB an alert appears regarding USB encryption or use as read only, then i checked on ePO and find that by default

I have no clue where i was done wrong to get rid of that issue. Please provide me information regarding the above mention issue.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

Re: McAfee FRP

Hi,

Is the with all the USB sticks? or the one you used when "with Offsite access" is the enabled?

if only specific usb, check for .cekey file in the USB and clear it. .cekey file will be visible only when you set to "show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "hide extensions for unknown file type". this .cekey will be recreated on next policy enforcement.

thanks..

homea50
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much jags i was sort out exactly the same solution you mentioned. Thanks again

athick
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Dear,

I have some clarification about File & Removable Media Protection, As i am testing with FRP with Share Folder Encryption, it works well with in the network... i have created the policy in epo and applied to the specific folder (Network Share folder) and encrypted successfully and i can open the file whoever having the FRP(product installed) and having access to the file able to view and edit. 

but when i copy the same file or sending email to some other machine, where i can able view and edit the file.

it should not be edit right ? while sending the same file to other machine or USB stick.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community