Scratching my head over a Windows 10 1803 laptop that simply won't active/encrypt with Drive Encryption 126.96.36.199!
BitLocker isn't enabled, has all the relevant policies applied via ePO, but seems to struggle around this part in the event log :
Any ideas? The only thing I did notice is the disk had quite a few OEM recovery partitions etc. but we only choose to encrypt c:\ and d:\
MfeEpeCoreEncryptionPlugin --- Activation Begins --- 2019-01-15 12:56:51,120 INFO StatusService Activation has started 2019-01-15 12:56:51,120 INFO StatusService Searching available Encryption Providers 2019-01-15 12:56:51,120 INFO MfeEpeCoreEncryptionPlugin Size of provider order list in policy is 2 2019-01-15 12:56:51,120 INFO MfeEpeCoreEncryptionPlugin Service with UUID 6477FB57-DCF1-418E-9948-9F32C57B0FA4 has state: Unsupported 2019-01-15 12:56:51,120 WARNING MfeEpeCoreEncryptionPlugin [0xEE010001] No provider supports policy or system configuration 2019-01-15 12:56:51,120 WARNING MfeEpeCoreEncryptionPlugin [0xEE010001] No provider supports policy or system configuration 2019-01-15 12:56:51,120 ERROR EpoPlugin userHandler: failed to process batched user data response: [0xEE010001] [0xEE010001] No provider supports policy or system configuration 2019-01-15 12:56:51,120 ERROR StatusService Failed to process a batch of user data received 2019-01-15 12:56:51,120 INFO EpoState == End of policy enforcement ==
I have just updated systems from DE7.2.5 to DE7.2.8 because of several problems. Now I see this happening on some (W10_1803) systems 😞
I really need to find a solution. I really don't understand McAfee... This is already the fifth time this year (the year is only 2 months old) that I needed to upgrade McAfee SW... and every time I introduced new problems with the new versions...