cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can you tell what encryption theme has been applied to a client?

Jump to solution

Hello Community, 

I am currently running ePO 5.9 & Drive Encryption 7.2.6. I have been using a corporate branded background on the Pre-boot login for some time now. Some systems show it, whereas others show the default theme or an older corporate background.

I know how to apply the theme in the policy and have the new corporate theme applied in the policy. I have also issued the "Update Task" to have the clients update their current theme to the new theme set in the policy. 

My question is; is there a way in ePO to see what theme has been applied?

For example, the default theme set by McAfee is called "McAfee default". Whereas, my corporate theme is named "2018Theme". Is there a setting somewhere or a file directory path on the client that will show me which theme is being applied on that device?

I want to avoid sending an "Update Task" to all the devices as this prompts them with a McAfee message each time, wither it has already been applied or not. 

Thank You.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can you tell what encryption theme has been applied to a client?

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. The MfeEpo.log didn't really show me if the new theme was applied. It only showed if a theme was applied. Thank you for your input.

Looking more into the McAfee directories on the client, I did find where the image was uploaded. You can find applied theme backgrounds here: c:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption\Theme. However, wither its the old theme or new theme cannot be determined unless you open the "Background.png" file and see which image it is, or possibly looking at the "Date modified" time stamp. A newer applied background theme image should have the newer date, I would think. I dont have a system with an older theme to compare this theory right now. 

That seems to be the only way to identify what theme was applied from what I can tell. 

2 Replies
fanwar
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

I usually check from the MfeEpo.log to verify if the themes is being uploaded to the client.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. The MfeEpo.log didn't really show me if the new theme was applied. It only showed if a theme was applied. Thank you for your input.

Looking more into the McAfee directories on the client, I did find where the image was uploaded. You can find applied theme backgrounds here: c:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption\Theme. However, wither its the old theme or new theme cannot be determined unless you open the "Background.png" file and see which image it is, or possibly looking at the "Date modified" time stamp. A newer applied background theme image should have the newer date, I would think. I dont have a system with an older theme to compare this theory right now. 

That seems to be the only way to identify what theme was applied from what I can tell. 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community