cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I check the drive encryption status Remotely with powershell

Jump to solution

Hi Guys

I need to check the drive encryption on a machine remotely with powershell.

can anyone advise?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I check the drive encryption status Remotely with powershell

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if you already have something figured out in Ps for this or not but here is some code if you need it.

# Change 'ComputerName' as needed
# Change (Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\McAfee EndPoint Encryption\MfeEpePC\Status') to one of the following if you do not need all the information
# (Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\McAfee EndPoint Encryption\MfeEpePC\Status').Activated
# (Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\McAfee EndPoint Encryption\MfeEpePC\Status').CryptState

invoke-command -ComputerName 'ComputerName' -ScriptBlock {
$((Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\McAfee EndPoint Encryption\MfeEpePC\Status'))
} -ArgumentList ($(Get-Credential))

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Full disk encryption (MDE)?  Check this registry key: hklm\software\wow6432node\mcafee endpoint encryption\mfeepepc\status

Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello,

If you provide additional information about what you need to achieve via powershell, we can try finding a way to do it.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino

Jump to solution
I wanted to get drive encryption status via powershell. the registry solution is okay, but was hoping that there is a snap-in i could use

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if you already have something figured out in Ps for this or not but here is some code if you need it.

# Change 'ComputerName' as needed
# Change (Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\McAfee EndPoint Encryption\MfeEpePC\Status') to one of the following if you do not need all the information
# (Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\McAfee EndPoint Encryption\MfeEpePC\Status').Activated
# (Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\McAfee EndPoint Encryption\MfeEpePC\Status').CryptState

invoke-command -ComputerName 'ComputerName' -ScriptBlock {
$((Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\McAfee EndPoint Encryption\MfeEpePC\Status'))
} -ArgumentList ($(Get-Credential))

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator