cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Has anyone successfully implemented drive encryption with smart cards?

I am receiving an error that it is not a suitable card.

I am only doing this on a test user account. I have followed the instructions on setting up the policy assignment rules. I have my test user set up to use the common access card /PKI Smart card(we are using HID crescendo C1150s). I have tried resetting the token, trying another card, applying for a new certificate but I am still receiving "not a suitable card). I have checked and the C1150 is supported according to the KB. I went to the queries and reports and ran the DE: Users query and enabled my test account for UBP enforcement. Under server settings, for drive encryption, the activedirectory usercertificate field is correct and I verified through AD that there is a value. I submitted a ticket a few months ago to McAfee and it came back after troubleshooting that it is not supported. I already have activclient installed on the computer and I can log into the operating system fine with the card. 

1 Reply

Re: Has anyone successfully implemented drive encryption with smart cards?

According to this article, your token should be supported:  https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79787

What version of Drive Encryption have you tried? What make/model of computer are you using? And are you using the built-in card reader of the laptop, or are you using an external reader? If you are using an external reader, what is the make/model of the reader? https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79788

Also, make sure the correct token type is selected in the DE User based policy. Looks like it should be "Common Access Card PKI Smart Card."

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community