cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EPO End User Guide

Does anyone know if there is an end user guide that I can send to users to show them how to setup their account and log into EPO? 

12 Replies
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Re: EPO End User Guide

The ePO admin account is created during the installation of ePO

You can manage user access by adding, updating, or deleting user accounts on the User Management page.

1 Open the User Management page: click Menu | User Management | Users.
2 Select one of these actions.
• Create user:
1 Click New User, then type a user name.
2 Select whether to enable or disable the logon status of this account. If this account is for someone
who is not yet a part of the organization, you might want to disable it.
3 Select whether the new account uses McAfee ePO authentication, Windows authentication, or Certificate Based
Authentication and provide the required credentials or browse and select the certificate.
Using McAfee ePO authentication allows the administrator to provide a one-time password. With a
one-time password, the user is prompted to change the password when they log on the first time.
4 Optionally, provide the user's full name, email address, phone number, and a description in the Notes
text box.
5 Choose to make the user an administrator, or select the appropriate permission sets for the user.
• Edit user:
1 From the Users list, select the user you want to edit, then click Action | Edit, and the Edit User page
appears.
2 Edit the account as needed.
3 Click Save

Creating McAfee ePO users with Active Directory
McAfee ePO can simplify the process of managing users by automatically creating Windows authentication
users based on their Active Directory group membership.
If Active Directory User Login is enabled when an unknown user tries to log on, McAfee ePO checks to see any
permission sets mapped to Active Directory groups for which the user is a member. If there are, McAfee ePO creates a Windows authentication user and assigns the mapped permission sets to it.

To enable this feature, you must do the following:
• Active Directory User Login must be enabled
• At least one permission set must be mapped to the user's Active Directory group
• A registered LDAP server must be configured for the domain, so that McAfee ePO can determine the user's group membership

For more details please refer to page 87 from the product guide link below

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27630/en_US/...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

I understand how to use the system as an administrator.  I was wondering if there was any documentation that I could share with end users that showed them the process for logging in the first time?

McAfee Employee amit_naidu
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Hello @User75102151 ,

Thank you for your query.

Following article may help you

ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10 Product Guide

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27630/en_US/...

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos!
Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thank You,

Amit N
McAfee Technical Support

Still not what I am looking for. 

McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Are you talking about logging in for the first time on the page below 

The users need to just enter their username and password. ePO Login Page.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Yes, logging in for the first time.  Then they set up their security questions.  Just curious if there is any documentation that shows screen shots for end users.  Not a huge deal but it would help with some of the not so computer savvy users.

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 13

Hello,

Please check the below link which is having complete steps:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/drive-encryption-7.2.0-product-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/page/GUID-8...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 13

To access the McAfee ePO software, enter your user name and password on the logon screen.

Before you begin: You must have an assigned user name and password before you can log on to McAfee ePO. 

When you connect to McAfee ePO, the first screen you see is the McAfee ePO logon screen.

Task
1 Type your user name, password, and click Log On.
Your McAfee ePO software displays the default dashboard.
2 To end your McAfee ePO session, click Log Off.
Once you log off, your session is closed and cannot be opened by other users

There is no option to configure security questions for the ePO. 

Please refer to page 17 from the below product guide 

I have posted this as an New Idea 

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Enterprise-Customer-Product/Security-Questions-for-ePO-login/idi-p/6...

Was my reply helpful?

Maybe I am explaining this wrong.  I'm not referencing the manager interface.  I'm referencing what the end users see for the first time.  End user meaning general public logging onto their PC's, not Information Technology Admins. 

When a new user in finance logs into their PC, they have to unlock drive encryption.  This is the process I am looking for.  End user, not admin.  End users as in non I/T people who have no clue what encryption is.  Not the management interface rather, a PC initial login.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community